Following the first phase of Covid-19 vaccination of frontline workers, the government has started vaccination registration for senior citizens (aged above 60 years) and people above 45 with comorbidities. It aims to cover 10 crore people across the country.
The government has released a list of 20 comorbidities for people aged above 45 years-
- Heart failure with hospital admission in the past one year
- Post cardiac transplant/ Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Significant Left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF < 40 percent)
- Moderate or Severe Valvular Heart Disease
- Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH
- Coronary Artery Disease with past CABG/ PTCA/ MI and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment
- Angina and Hypertension/ Diabetes treatment
- CT/MRI documented stroke and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment
- Pulmonary artery hypertension and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment
- Diabetes (>10 years or with complication) and Hypertension on treatment
- Kidney/Liver/ Hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient/ On wait-list
- End-stage Kidney Disease on hemodialysis/ CAPD
- Current prolonged use of oral corticosteroids/ immunosuppressant medications
- Decompensated cirrhosis
- Severe respiratory disease with hospitalizations in last two years/ FEVI <50 percent
- Lymphoma/ Leukaemia/ Myeloma
- Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after July 1, 2020, or currently on any cancer therapy
- Sickle Cell Disease/ Bone marrow failure/ Aplastic Anemia/ Thalassemia Major
- Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases/ HIV infection
- Persons with disabilities due to Intellectual disabilities/ Muscular Dystrophy/ Acid attack with the involvement of respiratory system/ Persons with disabilities having high support needs/ Multiple disabilities including deaf-blindness.
The registrations have been started from today at 9 am and will continue till 3 pm every day. The people can register themselves on the Co-Win website www.cowin.gov.in or the Arogya Setu app.
They have to fill in their details like name, gender, age, address, etc, and also have to add an identity proof like an Adhar card, Driving license. People above 45 age have to submit a medical certificate also.
Also read :