Submissions to The Second Angle can be mailed to email@example.com
Your submissions can be in the form of articles, videos, and podcasts.
We try to respond to all submissions within 2-4 working days.
Your submission can be any of the following:
- News report with some news value, the earlier the better.
- An Opinionated Piece on political or current events – ideally from a second angle other than the perceived mainstream thought.
- A piece on Socio-economic issues faced by the youth- jobs, education, law and order, climate change or cultural notions– name anything and write on it
- Campus issues and updates – student protests, curfews and strikes, quality of education, hostel issues, accessibility issues, etc.
- Cultural: Art, Literature, films, TV shows, web series and book reviews, travel, pop culture, and lifestyle. Love binge watching thrillers? Curate a list for us too.
- Discussions on health care, be it physical or mental health. The latest advancements in medicine, neurology, psychiatry anything!
- Tech and gadgets: a report on the latest tech in the market, review of smartphones, electric cars, space shuttle, or anything.
- Inspiring Stories: anything about kindness, generosity, overcoming hurdles you know about? Share it with us and make the world know!
- Your Submission should be in MS Word Format. Include Images in the Attachment of your Email.
- Write a two-line summary of your article, video and podcast, and a short bio about yourself.
- We only accept original unpublished content. Avoid plagiarism of any kind.
- Since we are currently working under fund crunches, we do not pay for any write-ups as of now. But, we do promise of its extensive sharing on our social media handles.
- Make sure your writing piece is ideally between 500-800 words. You can choose from articles, op-eds, personal stories, interviews, video stories, photo essays, and podcasts.
- With all due respect, we reserve the right to edit your content to make it more readable for our online audience. An editor may make changes to the title; add an excerpt and sub-sections suitable to our content format. The language used/grammatical errors if any, will also be corrected before publishing. Any substantial changes that can impact the reasoning and context of your piece will be thoroughly discussed with you.
- We don’t have a deadline- pitch your pieces 365 days of the year.
- If you are citing any study or survey, make sure to include a relevant link in your piece. The same goes for pictures and graphics, caption pictures with proper credits to the source.
- If you are submitting a time-sensitive piece, please mention it in your mail’s subject, so that we can review it in ample time.
- Back up your feelings about your piece with shreds of evidence and links. A factual piece is more compelling.
- State your arguments logically, remember nobody can read your mind; you need to be clear and to the point.