The Second Angle encourages new contributions from its readers in form of editorial & opinion pieces, analytical articles, news reports or sociopolitical humour or satire in various categories including Politics, Business, Entertainment, Education, Automobiles, Sports, Travel, Lifestyle, Fashion etc.
Submissions to The Second Angle can be mailed to email@example.com
Your submissions can be in the form of articles, videos, and podcasts.
We try to respond to all submissions within 2-4 working days.
Your submission can be any of the following:
- An Opinionated Piece on political or current events – ideally from a second angle other than the perceived mainstream thought.
- A piece on Socio-economic issues faced by the youth- jobs, education, law and order, climate change or cultural notions– name anything and write on it
- Campus issues and updates – student protests, curfews and strikes, quality of education, hostel issues, accessibility issues, etc.
- Cultural: Art, Literature, films, TV shows, web series and book reviews, travel, pop culture, and lifestyle. Love binge watching thrillers? Curate a list for us too.
- Discussions on health care, be it physical or mental health. The latest advancements in medicine, neurology, psychiatry anything!
- Tech and gadgets: a report on the latest tech in the market, review of smartphones, electric cars, space shuttle, or anything.
- Inspiring Stories: anything about kindness, generosity, overcoming hurdles you know about? Share it with us and make the world know!
- Your Submission should be in MS Word or Google Doc Format. Include Images in the Attachment of your Email.
- Write a two-line summary of your article, video and podcast, and a short bio about yourself.
- We only accept original unpublished content. Avoid plagiarism of any kind.
- Since we are currently working under fund crunches, we do not pay for any write-ups as of now. But, we do promise of its extensive sharing on our social media handles.
- Make sure your writing piece is ideally between 600-1200 words. You can choose from articles, op-eds, personal stories, interviews, video stories, photo essays, and podcasts.
- With all due respect, we reserve the right to edit your content to make it more readable for our online audience. An editor may make changes to the title; add an excerpt and sub-sections suitable to our content format. The language used/grammatical errors if any, will also be corrected before publishing. Any substantial changes that can impact the reasoning and context of your piece will be thoroughly discussed with you.
- We don’t have a deadline- pitch your pieces 365 days of the year.
- If you are citing any study or survey, make sure to include a relevant link in your piece. The same goes for pictures and graphics, caption pictures with proper credits to the source.
- If you are submitting a time-sensitive piece, please mention it in your mail’s subject, so that we can review it in ample time.
- Back up your feelings about your piece with shreds of evidence and links. A factual piece is more compelling.
- State your arguments logically, remember nobody can read your mind; you need to be clear and to the point.
- Your writings must adhere to universal publishing guidelines and should not be plagiarised.
The final decision regarding the publication of the article rests with the editorial team.
The content published on The Second Angle will be co-owned by the respective contributor and The Second Angle. TSA and its parent company will also have the additional right to use the content for promotion.
At this point of time, The Second Angle is not considering any paid contributions. However, in case there’s a change in this policy, we will inform our readers with an update on this page.