20 Indian soldiers Killed, India-China tension takes a violent turn
India-China tension escalates with a violent backlash on both sides killing 20 from the Indian Army and 43 Chinese troops injured. The violence, took place in Galwan Valley of Eastern Ladakh on Monday night along the LAC as confirmed by news agency ANI.
Sources say that the fierce clash continued for several hours. Indian said that the clash arose from “an attempt by the Chinese side to unilaterally change the status quo” on the border whereas, China accused the Indian Army of “attacking Chinese personnel”.
“Indian and Chinese troops disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15th June. Indian army is firmly committed to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation.” Said the Indian Army in their statement.
“Given its responsible approach to border management, India is very clear that all its activities are always within the Indian side of the LAC. We expect the same from china as well.” Said the MEA in the statement.
Looking at the situation and increased tension between the two countries. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres showed great concerns and urged both sides to exercise maximum restriction. He even condemned for Indian soldiers who lost their lives in this disengagement.
For more than six weeks now with the rising escalations and tensions at the India-China border, troops from both sides have been constantly engaging in a stand-off on at least two locations along the LAC. The tension between the two countries is worrisome especially when India is busy dealing with Covid-19.