• About   |
  • Submit Guest Post |
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
The Second Angle (TSA Magazine)
Advertise
  • Infotainment
    • Sports
    • People
    • Inspiring
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Home & Decoration
  • Buzz
  • Education
  • Travel
  • Finance
  • Healthcare
  • Technology
The Second Angle
No Result
View All Result
  • Infotainment
  • Entertainment
  • Buzz
  • Education
  • Travel
  • Finance
  • Healthcare
  • Technology
Advertisement
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Australian surfer saved by off-duty police officer after shark ripped off leg, doctors hope to reattach it

by TSA Desk
July 27, 2024
in News
Reading Time: 4 mins read
Australian surfer saved by off-duty police officer after shark ripped off leg, doctors hope to reattach it
Share on FacebookShare on WhatsApp
Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

This Diwali, RVCJ & Honda, in Association with Chinese Wok, Unveil 'WRONG NUMBER REBOOT' – A Perfect Blend of Love, Laughter, & Entertainment

This Diwali, RVCJ & Honda, in Association with Chinese Wok, Unveil ‘WRONG NUMBER REBOOT’ – A Perfect Blend of Love, Laughter, & Entertainment

Polish Man Sentenced To Four Months, Deported From Denmark For June Assault On Danish Prime Minister

Polish Man Sentenced To Four Months, Deported From Denmark For June Assault On Danish Prime Minister

Kai McKenzie, 23, was surfing off New South Wales in Australia when he was attacked by a shark, New South Wales police said. 

“Clinging to life, he was able to catch a wave back to the beach,” a fundraising site set up for McKenzie said. “A retired police officer used his dog’s lead as a tourniquet to stem the bleeding before the victim could be airlifted to hospital.”

Amazingly, McKenzie’s leg washed up on the beach after the attack and doctors are hoping to be able to reattach it. 

McKenzie has undergone surgery and remains in critical but stable condition, according to ABC News Australia and the fundraising site. 

MASSIVE BULL SHARK WEIGHING NEARLY 500 POUNDS CAUGHT AT ALABAMA FISHING TOURNAMENT

McKenzie's board with a bit in it

Kai McKenzie, 23, was surfing off New South Wales in Australia when he was attacked by a shark, New South Wales police said.  (NSW Police)

Luke Short, who makes McKenzie’s surfboards, told ABC they had all hoped “we heard it wrong.”

“It’s amazing that he’s survived,” he added. 

His surf team RAGE called McKenzie the “toughest person we know.”

“Sending love to @kai_mckenzie the youngest RAGE boy on the team and the toughest person that we know,” the team wrote on Instagram this week. “Yesterday he was attacked by a shark and has lost his leg while surfing in Port Macquarie. He has been through a lot breaking his back last year, he never once complained always just got on with doing what he loved as soon as possible. He is an inspiring person. The whole rage gang loves you man and we will see you soon.”

SHARK BITE REPORTED AT HILTON HEAD ISLAND RESORT IS FIRST REPORTED SHARK BI OF YEAR ON ISLAND

great white

“Clinging to life, he was able to catch a wave back to the beach,” a fundraising site set up for McKenzie said. “A retired police officer used his dog’s lead as a tourniquet to stem the bleeding before the victim could be airlifted to hospital.” (Reinhard Dirscherl/ullstein bild via Getty Images)

Kirran Mowbray of NSW Ambulance called McKenzie “courageous” during a 7News Sydney on-air broadcast. “He turned around, caught a wave into shore.”

She added that the off-duty officer “used the lead off a dog as a tourniquet to wrap around the young man’s leg and essentially saved his life.”

Kevin Young, vice president of Bite Club, a shark attack survivors club, told the broadcast: “And I know he lost a leg and they packed it with ice and they’re going down to try to reattach it. That just blows my brain that that might be possible.” 

Mid North Coast Police Chief Insp. Stuart Campbell said they would be working to try to find out what type of shark bit McKenzie. 

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Port Macquarie Hastings Lifeguards later reported the beach had reopened after the attack. 

(this story has not been edited by TSA Mag staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

ShareSendTweet
Previous Post

US forces destroy Houthi drones in Yemen

Next Post

Mastering ‘the art of brainwashing,’ China cracks down on AI censorship

Related Posts

This Diwali, RVCJ & Honda, in Association with Chinese Wok, Unveil 'WRONG NUMBER REBOOT' – A Perfect Blend of Love, Laughter, & Entertainment
News

This Diwali, RVCJ & Honda, in Association with Chinese Wok, Unveil ‘WRONG NUMBER REBOOT’ – A Perfect Blend of Love, Laughter, & Entertainment

This Diwali, RVCJ is back with a bang! RVCJ & Honda in association with Chinese Wok, is excited to announce...

Read moreDetails
Polish Man Sentenced To Four Months, Deported From Denmark For June Assault On Danish Prime Minister
News

Polish Man Sentenced To Four Months, Deported From Denmark For June Assault On Danish Prime Minister

A Polish man on Wednesday was sentenced to four months in jail for assault on Danish Prime Minister as well...

Read moreDetails
Egypt Asks Its Airlines To Avoid Iranian Airspace For Three Hours On Thursday
News

Egypt Asks Its Airlines To Avoid Iranian Airspace For Three Hours On Thursday

Egypt instructed all of its airlines to avoid Iranian airspace for three hours in the early morning on Thursday amid...

Read moreDetails
2 Dead, 2 Trapped In Wreckage After Partial Collapse Of A Hotel On Mosel River, Germany
News

2 Dead, 2 Trapped In Wreckage After Partial Collapse Of A Hotel On Mosel River, Germany

Two people have been confirmed dead following the partial collapse of a hotel on Mosel River. The incident occurred in...

Read moreDetails
Nobel Laureate Tapped To Lead Bangladesh After Embattled PM's Ouster
News

Nobel Laureate Tapped To Lead Bangladesh After Embattled PM’s Ouster

Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus has been selected as the temporary head of the Bangladeshi government following longtime Prime Minister Sheikh...

Read moreDetails
The Atomic Bomb Was Created Under A Secret Government Project, And Was Soon After Dropped On A Japanese City To End WWII
News

The Atomic Bomb Was Created Under A Secret Government Project, And Was Soon After Dropped On A Japanese City To End WWII

The atomic bombs instantly took thousands of lives and thousands more in the aftermath of radiation and injury.

Read moreDetails
Load More
Next Post
Mastering ‘the art of brainwashing,’ China cracks down on AI censorship

Mastering 'the art of brainwashing,' China cracks down on AI censorship

Important Links

  • About
  • Guest Post
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Contact Us
  • Newsletter

© 2017-23. The Second Angle. All Rights Reserved. Developed and Managed by SquareBase.io

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Infotainment
    • Sports
    • People
    • Inspiring
  • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Home & Decoration
  • Buzz
  • Education
  • Travel
  • Finance
  • Healthcare
  • Technology

© 2017-23. The Second Angle. All Rights Reserved. Developed and Managed by SquareBase.io

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.