Trump’s posts taken down from Facebook and Twitter citing false claims
On Wednesday, two social media giant Facebook and Twitter took down the video posted by the American President Donald Trump’s campaign because it violated the social network’s policy banning false claims about coronavirus.
The video is a clip from an interview Mr. Trump gave to Fox News in which he said that children are almost immune from the coronavirus.
On this, Andy Stone, a Facebook spokesperson said that “This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation.”
Earlier on Wednesday, On ‘Fox and Friends’, Mr. Trump said that, “If you look at children, children are almost – and I would almost say definitely, but almost immune from this disease, so few.”
This was the first time that Facebook and Twitter had taken action to remove content posted by the President based on its COVID-19 misinformation policy.
In response to the Facebook removal, Courtney Parella, a spokesperson for the Trump campaign said that “The president was stating a fact that children are less susceptible to the coronavirus.”
On Twitter, @TeamTrump account also posted the same interview clip of Mr. Trump which is also shared by President Trump’s account. After that, Twitter has frozen the @TeamTrump account because the @TeamTrump tweet comes under the violation of the Twitter rules on COVID-19 misinformation.
The account @TeamTrump has about two million followers and President Trump’s official account @RealDonaldTrump has 84 million followers on Twitter which has not been affected by this incident.
Read also this- https://thesecondangle.com/can-children-spread-covid-19/