One of the most splendid movies of 2016 ‘Moonlight’ is still a gem to watch. Barry Jenkins, the film’s director, and co-writer was praised for his compassionate portrayal of complicated individuals.
The movie was a sensation on its release and it had some of the greatest dialogue. Here in this article, we are going to look into 20 of the most remarkable dialogues from Moonlight.
Moonlight portrays the story of a young Black guy coming to terms with his attraction to other males, based on Tarell Alvin McCraney’s unpublished play In Moonlight Black Boys Look Blue. It was the first film to win the Academy Award for Best Picture with an all-African-American cast, as well as the first featuring a homosexual lead character.
Moonlight is a three-act play set in Miami’s underprivileged Liberty City neighborhood, shown in vibrant, luminous colors. Some viewers might consider the movie a bit too emotional. But that’s just someone’s perspective. However, we have put together a list of the 20 most remarkable dialogues from Moonlight below.
Check out our list of the 20 most remarkable dialogues from Moonlight:
- In Moonlight Black Boys Look Blue
- “I wasn’t never worth shit. Never did anything I actually wanted to do, was all I could do to do what other folks thought I should do. I wasn’t never myself.”
- I messed up. I fucked it all up, I know that. But your heart ain’t gotta be black like mine, baby.
- Let me tell you something, man. There are black people everywhere. Remember that, okay? No place you can go in the world ain’t got no black people. We were the first on this planet.
- Who is you?
- You’re the only man that’s ever touched me. The only one. I haven’t really touched anyone since.
- Let Your Head Rest In My Hand. I Got You.
- Don’t give me that ‘you gotta be gettin’ it from somebody shit,’ nigger. I’m getting it from you.
- ‘Running around, catching a lot of light. In the moonlight, black boys look blue. You blue, that’s what I’m gonna call you: Blue.’
- I knew you weren’t soft.
- “You ever seen the way he walks? You’re gonna tell him why the other boys kick his ass all the time?”
- Am I a faggot?
- “At some point, you gotta decide for yourself who you’re gonna be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.”
- You’re my only, and I’m your only.
- I cry so much that sometimes I turn to drops.
- And just roll out into the water, right? Roll out into the water just like all the motherfuckers out here trying to drown their sorrows…Sounds like something you wanna do.”
- “Stop putting yo’ head down in my house! You know my rule. It’s all love and all pride in this house! Do you feel me?”
- “You ain’t got to love me, but you gonna know that I love you.”
- You Sell Drugs? My Mama, She Does Drugs?
- “Hey, these grandma rules, man. You know the deal. Your ass eat, your ass speak.”
Moonlight was recognized as one of the year’s most lovely films. It is still considered one of the best LGBTQ films. Some of the most remarkable dialogues from Moonlight are mentioned above. Let us know how you liked the movie in the comment section below.
Also Checkout: 10 Best Movies Of Actor Jim Carrey