10 ways the internet era changed our lives forever
When childhood was about collecting Pokemon stickers and WWE cards, the fight meant pen fight and thumb fights in the school with friends, to beat the boredom during traveling, children used to read comics like Archies, Chacha Chaudhary, and Pinky,etc and the evening was a call for park playtime with friends. Things have changed and courtesy goes to the Internet. Let's check how.
Remember the time? The time which is not so long ago but seems so. When childhood was about collecting Pokemon stickers and WWE cards, the fight meant pen fight and thumb fights in the school with friends, to beat the boredom during travelling, children used to read comics like Archies, Chacha Chaudhary, and Pinky, etc and the evening was a call for playtime with friends in parks.
Well, things have changed and the courtesy goes to the Internet.
10 pick-ups that show the splash of the internet and how our lives changed.
1. To chat, there used to be a fat ugly landline phone but now, there is a thin and hand-size mobile with unlimited Whatsapp and messenger chats.
2. Music lover? A collection of cassettes,tape-recorders and walkman was a requisite back then.
Now, the music collection is just a click away. Browse,sit-back, and enjoy.
3. Capture photos anytime and anywhere from mobiles but it wasn’t that easy always. Being in the ’90s, the Yashika reel camera was the star. Though, it needed an efficient and careful photographer because of the limited number of photos that a reel could capture at a time.
4. PUBG, Hearthstones, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Path Of Exile, Ludo King, and many more online games are available to play. Earlier, there used to be outdoor games for fun and play, games were like Poshampa, Oonch Neech, Skipping ropes, Playing marbles, Hopscotch,etc with friends.
5. When it’s about hunger then there is a huge range of online restaurants on Zomato and Swiggy ,from where you can get your favorite food without stepping out from home. Before online, Children used to go with their friends and families to eat and relish together.
6. Real Sundays were in the ’90s when children and adults used to be ready with a long shopping list. Sadly, wait for Sundays isn’t between us anymore as even to shop, people are doing it via an online shopping platform.
7. Door Darshan was the true glam for the ’90s kid, Shreeman Shreemati, Malgudi days, Raja Rancho, Shaktiman and Mogli, etc were exciting shows of that time and they used to stream at their scheduled time only. But, these days, There are infinite shows available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Hotstar and you can watch them anytime.
8. Then, Alisha Shenoy, Falguni Phatak, Ila Arun, and Baba Sehgal were among the famous figures for 90’s kids. Now, there is an exotic variety of popular celebs-Pakistan, Korean, French, American, Turkish, and many more.
9. Whenever there’s an invitation for a family gathering, it hit us with different kinds of attacks, like panic and social anxiety, etc. Because there are several other easy means of entertainment are present around, However, it wasn’t always like this. In the nineties, a family invitation was treated like a pack of joy and happiness.
10. In earlier times, Problem? Go to your mom or father, you used to get a return with a solution but now if there’s a problem then don’t go anywhere, just search it on the internet and boom of answers will be there for you.
Lives have definitely changed because of Internet, good and bad both, tell us how you’re taking this change in the comments section below.