Naseeruddin Shah and his colleagues exposed us to a cinema that was significantly different from popular films when they entered the Hindi film business. Over the course of his 40-year career, Naseeruddin Shah has given outstanding performances in films such as Iqbal, Masoom, Mandi, Sarfarosh, A Wednesday!, and the list goes on. Here are some of the unforgettable quotes from Naseeruddin Shah.
On July 20, 1950, Naseeruddin Shah was born. He had a penchant for performing as a youngster, and he used to appear in school plays. Naseeruddin enrolled in the National School of Drama to study acting in 1971. After receiving training there, he relocated to Pune to pursue a career in movies. Everyone appreciated his acting, but no one was ready to accept him as a hero.
Naseeruddin began his career in a minor capacity. He was not given the opportunity to work on the big screen. Slowly, in parallel movies, he advanced. In the 1970s and 1980s, Naseeruddin’s film stardom began to rise. At the age of 20, he married. He has a daughter as well. Their marriage, however, did not last long.
He married for the second time and had two boys with his second wife. Naseeruddin’s daughter moved in with him after the death of his first wife. He began directing films as well. In the Bollywood film business, he is now a prominent actor and director.
List of 10 Unforgettable quotes from Naseeruddin Shah That Will Change Your View Of Life:
- “An actor’s job is to find variations of the same emotion in his being so that it doesn’t look the same every time he expresses grief or joy.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “When I see an emotion being enacted by a great actor, I always feel I can never do that.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “Don’t opt for acting as an escape from education.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “Unfortunately, in our country, crying is mistaken for good acting.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I am never comfortable working with stars.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “Acting is fun, but directing is very stressful.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “Actors have to learn that they are as important to a movie as the camera is as important as the sound and less important than the script.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “Acting is learned, not taught.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I don’t scoff at the desire to make good movies. I scoff at the quality of poseurs masquerading as masters of the medium.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “A person takes his path.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “My father tried to guide me the best way he thought I should go, and it didn’t work. I went the way I wanted to.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I have gone into every project with the same enthusiasm and the same hope, but some have worked out, and some haven’t.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I have done practically everything that I wanted to do in my life.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “Humans are the only ones who are the custodians of other people’s morals.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “Any youngster who comes to me and says he wants to act, I tell him to complete his education first because, for too long, uneducated actors have ruled the roost in the acting world.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I am the king of old-school romance.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I do enjoy thinking about the past.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I don’t think cinema has the power to change anybody’s life.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I feel that cinema can’t change society or bring a revolution.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
- “I’m also not sure of cinema as a medium of education.” ― Naseeruddin Shah
Naseeruddin’s candid viewpoints and forthright demeanor have always come through in his interviews. He isn’t afraid to poke fun at himself, and his followers have always loved this. Naseeruddin Shah is one of the rare actors who has freely admitted that he signed the most unpleasant of films because of the temptation of large wages, and we adore him for it! Given above are some of the unforgettable quotes from Naseeruddin Shah that everyone adores.
Also Checkout: 10 Richest Voice Actors Of All Time – As Per Their Net Worth