In one of your financial whims, you must have tried to have a supposed count of money that either Bill Gates or Ambani posses? Well, people with much more money had existed in the past, and the count is crazily huge.
Their wealth which they either acquired through imperialism or territories, or with their personal monetary ventures was already enough to shut their rivals and contenders up, because yeah, money talks.
These are our top 6 picks for the richest people ruling the financial kingdom in the yesteryears:
- Mansa Musa- This man had a terrific abundance of gold, almost half of the world’s supply at his disposal. Musa ruled Timbuktu and Malian from 1312-1327, and within his reign of 25 years, he amassed a wealth that is till now unnumbered. For a fact, historians often struggle to count his fiscal worth, and if it is somehow accessed, it’s in the terms impossible for the time. More or less, he is unanimously agreed to be the wealthiest man anyone has ever seen.
- Genghis Khan- The founder of the Mongol dynasty with a fearsome army, dominating stature and intimidating amount of wealth ruled from 1162 to 1227. Controlling most of his neighbouring kingdoms, which he won in the brutal wars, Genghis Khan amassed nearly 12 million square miles of land. His net worth is supposedly the unimaginable sum of hundreds of trillions of dollars, excluding his personal worth which is not yet certainly evaluated. He was the second most wealthiest person in the history of the world.
- John D. Rockfeller- He is a known name in America, and the globe. Amassing a marvellous fortune of almost $340 billion, John D. Rockefeller lived during 19th century as the head of the Standard Oil Company and one of the world’s richest men. Apart from holding a wondrous wealth, he was also wacky in his own terms. He loved to work, made an absurd fortune and then gave the bulk of it away. Rockefeller’s fortune peaked in 1912 at almost $900,000,000, but his estate totalled only $26,410,837 when he died, making him the biggest philanthropist ever to live.
- Mir Osman Ali Khan- For a quick fact, he used the world-famous Jacob Diamond as his paperweight. What more could be said about his fortune. He could, in a way, be categorized as the richest man to ever live in India. As a Nizam of Hyderabad in 1911, he reigned for a time span of 37 years overseeing the expansion of railroads, electricity, education and more. The total worth of the assets of Nizam was a staggering amount of around $236 billion, which is more than twofold the wealth of the world’s richest person now. As a rare honour, in 1937, Time magazine featured him on its cover as the world’s wealthiest person.
- Andrew Carnegie- Starting from a humble background, Andrew Carnegie grew up to become the persons with biggest fortunes ever. His hard work paid him. Ambitious and dexterous, he expanded the American steel industry in the late 1800s conjured up massive sums amounting to $310 billion. However, it seems he did not want to die rich and gave away huge swaths of his wealth to more than 3,500 public libraries.
- Jacob Fugger-With an estimated worth of $400 billion at the time of his death in today’s terminologies, Jakob Fugger was one of those who ever lived with a massive fortune. He lived during the Renaissance period, and it was one of his money-making schemes that provoked Martin Luther to write 95 theses. Although chosen for an ecclesiastical profession by his family, Jakob developed sound business acumen and like a wizard got hold of prominent copper and textile industries to emerge as a banker who would finance even kings. Shrewd with his investing skills, it seems plausible why he went down in history by the name of Jakob the Rich.
So, this ends our list of wealthiest people. By now, you all must have thought “we wish someday we could be wealthy like them”. Don’t worry, they too were humans like you. Just start working harder. Till then, keep visiting us for more such contents.