Benedict Cumberbatch net of $40 million, he is a famous British actor. He began his professional acting career in 2000 and has never looked back. He is best known for his roles as Sherlock Holmes in the BBC series “Sherlock” and in the films “The Other Boleyn Girl,” “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy,” and “The Other Boleyn Girl.”
Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch was born in Hammersmith, London, England, on July 19, 1976, and grew up in an acting household. Cumberbatch began attending prep schools when he was eight years old, first at Brambletye School in West Sussex. On an Arts scholarship, he moved on to the famous Harrow School, where he was part in several Shakespearean productions.
When he was 12, he made his acting debut in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” Before starting college, Cumberbatch volunteered as an English instructor at a Tibetan monastery in India.
He went on to study Drama at the University of Manchester and graduated with honours. He then moved on to the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art to further his education
Cumberbatch began his acting career in 2002 in the television drama ‘Tipping the Velvet.’ In 2003, he portrayed Edward Han on the television drama ‘Cambridge Spies.’ He was chosen to play Stephen Hawking in the blockbuster television series “Hawking.” Benedict was nominated for a BAFTA Television Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Stephen Hawking.
Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy co-starred in the TV adaptation of ‘Stuart: A Life Backwards’ in 2007. The BBC broadcasted the episode in September 2007. Benedict Cumberbatch was cast in the BBC and HBO drama ‘Parade’s End’ in 2012. The miniseries was directed by ‘Susana White’ and filmed in only 5 episodes. Benedict Cumberbatch’s work in the series garnered him his second Emmy nomination for ‘Best Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie.’ He just appeared in the final Avengers film, ‘Avengers: The End Game,’ alongside Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth.
After blowing a tyre, Cumberbatch and his two pals Theo and Denise Black were kidnapped in South Africa. A gang of locals held them at gunpoint before loading them into a vehicle and driving them into an uncharted area. They were listening to Radiohead’s “How to Disappear Completely” when the tire exploded.
Cumberbatch has remarked that the song now gives him a “feeling of realism and a reason for optimism” everytime he hears it. In February 2015, Cumberbatch married opera director Sophie Hunter. They have known one other for 17 years. Christopher Carlton (b. 2015) and Hal Audren are their two sons (b. 2017).
For his work in the drama miniseries “Patrick Melrose,” he won the British Academy Television Award for Best Actor, and for his part in Sherlock, he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor.
He was also nominated for an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a Golden Globe Award in the category of Best Actor in a Leadership Role.
In 2014, he was also included in TIME magazine’s annual ranking of the world’s 100 most influential people. In 2015, British Queen Elizabeth II named him Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE).
- “We have a lot more unlikely heroes now. It’s not just the guy with guns—it’s the guy with brains.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
- “I’m not very geeky. I’m quite homespun. I would say I’m more modern rustic than gadget-orientated, and I like woollen things and log fires and whiskey.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
- “I think I’ve had very knee-jerk emotional reactions to things, and sometimes I’ve said things without thinking. Being overly emotional clouded my judgement. ” – Benedict Cumberbatch
- “If you have an over-preoccupation with perception and trying to please people’s expectations… If you have an over-preoccupation with perception and trying to please people’s expectations, then you can go mad.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
- Acting is in his genes. Cumberbatch was born to actor Wanda Ventham and Timothy Carlton.
- Cumberbatch is dipping his toes into the ever-popular world of Marvel superheroes. He’s been cast as Doctor Strange for the newest installment in the franchise’s movie empire. Cumberbatch’s character is a surgeon turned world-saving sorcerer.
- Well known for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes, Cumberbatch nearly turned down the role, fearing that it would be “cheap and cheesy.”
- Benedict’s first stab at acting was a role as a “very bossy” Joseph in his school’s Nativity play. Bossy, because he ended up pushing Mary off the stage because “she was taking too long.”
- Benedict has a rare genetic condition called heterochromia iridis. It means that his eyes are actually two different colors.
Benedict Cumberbatch is a well-known English actor who has appeared in nearly every kind of entertainment. Cumberbatch is a gifted actor who has even portrayed characters from prominent fictional works such as ‘The Simpsons’ and the ‘The Hobbit’ film trilogy. Benedict Cumberbatch net worth is expected to be at $40 million in 2022.
Also Checkout: 10 Most Expensive Hotels in the World – 2022