Before purchasing any land or property, potential buyers must conduct thorough research to ensure that the seller is an authentic property owner. With the launch of Banglarbhumi, an online portal of West Bengal’s land and property records department, citizens can now easily access the land details before buying them.
The online portal makes it easy to verify the transfer of property, application of conversion, RoR application and all other information related to lands and properties in West Bengal.
Services Offered Under Banglarbhumi
Following are the host of services provided by Banglarbhumi:
- Citizen-Centric Services
- Thika Tenancy
- Land distribution
- ISU management
- Affidavit for conversion
- Digitisation of Mapping and Records
- Demarcation of Indo-Bangladesh Border
- Training (ARTI as well as LMTC)
Benefits of Banglarbhumi
- The foremost advantage of the online portal is that it has abolished the earlier botheration of visiting the Government offices personally for obtaining land-related records, application forms or registration.
- All information related to land and property is now accessible in one place. Moreover, you can access any information that you need anytime.
- This has been greatly beneficial to people living in distant locations to save both time and money as this portal is accessible from anywhere.
- You get all land-related information on the portal in real time. This is definitely a great advantage since getting updated information about land records is vital for buyers.
- Because the land records are accessible to the smallest details, the risks of fraud lessen considerably. In addition, the drive has brought greater transparency to purchasing and selling of lands.
- Banglarbhumi portal is pretty simple and user-friendly. In addition, it offers you the option of searching land and property details by name.
- The benefits of this portal are offered to both individuals and businessmen who have an interest in initiating their industries in West Bengal.
So, if you are desirous of registering in Banglarbhumi, being an individual or entrepreneur, go ahead and follow the steps for Banglarbhumi registration.
How to Register in Banglarbhumi?
To get registration on the Banglarbhumi portal of the West Bengal Government, a new user needs to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Go to Banglarbhumi’s official website.
- Step 2: Opt for ‘Sign up’ and then fill out the registration form exhibited on your screen. The details of the form contain name and address, parents’ names, details of Jurisdiction (district and municipality), and contact details (email ID as well as mobile number).
- Step 3: Press on ‘Generate OTP’ and make sure that you have got the details of your mobile number.
- Step 4: Press the button ‘Submit’ in order to complete the process of registration.
How to Find Land Record on Banglarbhumi via ‘Know Your Property’ Option?
You need to follow the steps stated below to view every detail of your land records in West Bengal:
Step 1: Go to the Banglarbhumi portal.
Step 2: Click on the “Know Your Property” button, and then make a choice from the options shown below:
- District Name
Step 3: To search the land records, here you will find two options:
Step 4: Put the details and then complete the captcha code.
Step 5: Click on “View”, and you will view the land records.
What Is the Procedure to Download the Forms You Require from Banglarbhumi Online Portal?
You need to visit the official website of Banglarbhumi and press the “Downloads” button to download the different forms available here.
- Affidavit For Conversion (Bengali or English)
- Mutation Application Form
- Application For Mouza Map (Bengali or English)
- Declaration For Mutation
- Lease of Tea Garden in Retained Land
- Objection under Sub-Section (I) of Section 51A of W. B. L. R. Act, 1955
- Application of LRO (Land Reforms Office) and DL (District Land)
Choose the form you want to download. You will come across a PDF by which you can download it.
You should take some necessary precautions to ensure that the parameters are met while you collateralise a property. If you have legal papers of your land, you can easily opt for a home loan. However, before planning to take a loan, visit multiple websites and get the best home loan in India from a reputable financial institution.
Following is the list of those required documents:
- KYC documents like Aadhaar card or PAN card
- Income proof documents like IT Returns, salary slips
- Bank statement for the last three months
- Property papers of your land
Now that you know about the Banglarbhumi portal, if you want to buy land, it is important to do thorough research. With the help of this portal, you can conduct this research work about land more conveniently.