When we discuss ways to deal with power outages, the most prominent solution these days are the best lithium-ion batteries and inverters. What makes them the most favoured is their durability and almost no-maintenance technology.
While a lot is said about the best lithium ion battery, the inverters usually take a backseat in most people’s understanding of this power backup system.
The best lithium ion battery powered inverters are an equally vital part of the power backup system as their efficiency allows safety to our appliances and helps reduce the overall electricity bill.
So, whenever you are looking for the best lithium ion batteries, don’t forget to search for the best inverters to support them.
Here are some key features of the best lithium ion battery powered inverters:
- Calculate Power Usage: Prepare a list of appliances you will need during a power outage. During this process, try including all appliances like a TV, cooler, AC, fridge, or any other. Then estimate their power usage, i.e., the power they need to consume while working. This figure is the total power you will need your inverter to support.
- Understand Inverter’s Capacity: The capacity of the inverter is the amount of power it can supply continuously by the unit. The rating of the inverter must be at least 25% more than the total power required.
The power is measured in Watt, which is the result of voltage times current. The inverters that are best suited for homes usually have a power capacity between 750-1000 W. This will be higher in the case of commercial usage.
So, remember to choose the best lithium ion battery powered inverter based on its power capacity.
- Battery Size will Matter: As discussed above, batteries support inverters to deliver high performance. Their power density directly affects the functionality of the inverter and the power supplied to the appliances during a power outage.
Multiply the total power required by the time during which you will need your inverter. Then divide this number by 12 because a basic inverter has a capacity of 12V. The number you arrive at after this calculation is your battery’s power capacity and is denoted by Ah.
- Consider Output Characteristics: When purchasing the inverter, check for its technology. It can be pure sine-wave technology, modified sine-wave technology, or square-wave technology. The sine wave technology is considered the best. But feel free to take the decision as per your requirement and long-term benefits.
- Take into account the Size and Weight: The new-age lithium ion battery powered inverters are compact and low-weight. They work silently and don’t add to the pollution. These inverters are also available in various low-cost options and can meet the budget allotted by almost all.
The inverters are also space-saving. Consider Luminous’ Li-On 1250 Inverter with an in-built Lithium Battery. With an in-built battery design, they take up less space and add a modern outlook to your home or commercial space.
Additionally, it has an intelligent Battery Management System (BMS) to ensure optimum performance. The BMS system is great for controlling and checking the health of the battery from time to time.
With so much said about the best lithium-ion battery-powered inverters, let’s take a quick look at the features of a Li-ion battery.
These include longer lifespan, fast charging, the safety of appliances, low maintenance, consistent backup, eco-friendly build, low weight, high-power density, and so many others. All these together in a combo with an inverter make a Li-ion battery inverter duo worth purchasing.
Having said it all, don’t forget to buy the combo from a reputed brand. This is because you can only find these features and avail of their benefits if you opt for a consumer-trusted brand such as Luminous. Visit the website of Luminous to learn more about their products.
Leave a Reply