Jennifer Niven’s novel for young adults is based on her own personal experiences. The story is infamous for making readers weep since it centers around the lives and loves of two teens, Violet Markey and Theodore Finch. Both are dealing with problems in their own lives, and Jennifer Niven delves into their connection in depth. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best quotes from All The Bright Places.
Through these depictions, the novel focuses on the many realms of relationships, with a specific emphasis on mental diseases. The protagonist, Theodore Finch, has bipolar disorder, and the novel sends forth a serious message regarding mental health awareness.
Finch deals with the stigma connected with mental health by keeping his guard up about his condition, referring to his manic and depressed spells as “awake” and “asleep,” respectively.
Jennifer Niven’s novel ‘All the Bright Places covers a wide range of emotions and will leave no one disappointed. We have put together a list of the 20 best quotes from All The Bright Places below. Covering all the quotes which will support you and keep you calm.
Check out our list of 20 best quotes from All The Bright Places:
- “All because she smiled at me. But it was a damn good smile. A genuine one, which is hard to come by these days.”
- “The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it’s the small things that count.”
- “You are all the colors in one at full brightness.”
- “I walk through the black Indiana night, under a ceiling of stars, and think about the phrase ‘elegance and euphoria’, and how it describes exactly what I feel with Violet.”
- “When she pulls away, she says, ‘No more winter at all. Finch, you brought me spring.'”
- “Sorry wastes time. You have to live your life as you’ll never be sorry. It’s easier just to do the right thing from the start so there’s nothing to apologize for.”
- “I’m broken, and no one can fix it. I’ve tried. I’m still trying. I can’t love anyone because it’s not fair to anyone who loves me back.”
- “We are all alone, trapped in these bodies and our own minds, and whatever company we have in this life is only fleeting and superficial.”
- “I think of my own epitaph, still to be written, and all the places I’ll wander. No longer rooted, but gold, flowing. I feel a thousand capacities spring up in me.”
- “The thing I realize is that it’s not what you take, it’s what you leave.”
- “You need shoving, not pushing. You need to jump back on that camel. Otherwise, you’re going to stay up on the ledge you’ve made for yourself.”
- “Since I stopped writing, I read more than ever. Other people’s words, not my own – my words are gone.”
- “I should be happy, but instead I feel nothing…….I’ve cried a few times, but mostly I’m empty, as if whatever makes me feel and hurt and laugh and love has been surgically removed, leaving me hollowed out like a shell.”
- You’re so weird, Finch. But that’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me.”
- “I do my best thinking at night when everyone else is sleeping. No interruptions. No noise. I like the feeling of being awake when no one else is.”
- “You saved my life… Why couldn’t I save yours?”
- The why is that none of it matters. Not school, not cheerleading, not boyfriends or friends or parties or creative writing programs or… It’s all just a time filler until we die.
- I was alive. I burned brightly. And then I died, but not really. Because someone like me cannot, will not, die like everyone else. I linger like the legends of the Blue Hole. I will always be here, in the offerings and people I left behind.”
- “There aren’t many people who would say this about me, but the great thing about this life is that you can be someone different from everybody.”
- “People rarely bring flowers to a suicide.”
The lovely All the Bright Places quotations above shed light on a variety of difficulties that teens face on a daily basis, including mental health, love, and trauma. Some of the best quotes from All The Bright Places are listed above.