The movie Wolf of Wall Street is based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, from his ascent to a wealthy stockbroker living the good life to his downfall, which involved crime, corruption, and the federal government. The Wolf of Wall Street is a darkly comedic crime epic directed by Martin Scorsese.
While the film received excellent reviews upon its initial release, some viewers felt it glamorized Belfort’s white-collar criminal lifestyle. The movie was full of great dialogue which amused the audience. In this article, we are going to discuss 30 of these famous dialogues of Wolf Of Wall Street.
The film’s sense of humor and accurate representation of Wall Street shenanigans make that lifestyle appear to be pleasurable. But, in the end, it all becomes too much.
That is the message – a life of excess, as the term implies, is too much to bear. We have curated a list of the 30 most famous dialogues of Wolf Of Wall Street. Let’s see how many of them you still remember.
Take a look at our list of the 30 most famous dialogues of Wolf Of Wall Street:-
Most famous dialogues of Wolf Of Wall Street 1-15
1. “At least as a rich man when I have to face my problems I show up at the back of a limo wearing a $2,000 suit and a $40,000 gold fucking watch”.
2. “I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.”
3. “They’re gonna have to call in the national guard to take me out, ’cause I ain’t going nowhere!”
4. “If I earn a million dollars a week and the average American earns a thousand dollars a week, then when I spend twenty thousand dollars on something it’s the equivalent of the average American spending twenty dollars on something, right?”
5. “Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions.”
6. “I don’t think you’re cut out for this job. You look like a kid, and Wall Street’s no place for kids. It’s a place for killers. A place for mercenaries. So in that sense, you’re lucky I’m not the one who does the hiring around here.”
7. “But what was wrong with that? They were drunk in youth, fueled by greed, and higher than kites.”
8. “Listen, guys, fucking around with midgets ain’t no joke. Pound for pound they’re stronger than grizzly bears, and, if you want to know the truth, they happen to scare the living shit out of me. So before I approve this midget-tossing business, you need to find me a game warden who can rein in the little critter if he should go off the deep end. Then we’re gonna need some tranq darts, a pair of handcuffs, a can of Mace—” Wigwam”
9. “OK, the first rule of Wall Street – Nobody – and I don’t care if you’re Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet – nobody knows if a stock’s going up, down or f-ing sideways, least of all stockbrokers. But we have to pretend we know.”
10. “My name is Jordan Belfort. The year I turned 26, I made 49 million dollars, which really pissed me off because it was three shy of a million a week.”
11. “I had considered changing my phone number, but I was so far behind on the phone bill that NYNEX was after me too.”
12. “How The F*** Else Are You Supposed To Do This Job? Cocaine And Hookers, My Friend.”
13. “Victor was Chinese by birth and Jewish by injection, having been raised amid the most savage young Jews anywhere on Long Island: the towns of Jericho and Syosset.”
14. “I’ve got the guts to die. What I want to know is, have you got the guts to live?”
15. “I don’t want to die sober!”
Most famous dialogues of Wolf Of Wall Street 16-30
16. “Then Two More Every Five Minutes After That Until One Of Us Passes The F*** Out.”
17. “You Can Watch Me, Mock Me, Try To Block Me But You Cannot Stop Me.”
18. “The easiest way to make money is -to create something of such value that everybody wants and go out and give and create value, the money comes automatically.”
19. “You don’t choose who you fall in love with, do you? And once you do fall in love—that obsessive sort of love, that all-consuming love, where two people can’t stand to be apart from each other for even a moment—how are you supposed to let a love like that pass you by?”
20. “Fall In Love With The Person Who Enjoys Your Madness, Not An Idiot Who Forces You To Be Normal.”
21. “When You Live Your Life By Poor Standards, You Inflict Damage On Everyone Who Crosses Your Path, Especially Those You Love.”
22. “If Anyone Here Thinks I’m Superficial Or Materialistic, Go Get A Job At F****** McDonald’s, ‘Cause That’s Where You F****** Belong!”
23. “On a daily basis, I consume enough drugs to sedate Manhattan, Long Island, and Queens for a month. I take Quaaludes 10-15 times a day for my “back pain”, Adderall to stay focused, Xanax to take the edge off, pot to mellow me out, cocaine to wake me back up again, and morphine… Well, because it’s awesome.”
24. “It Was Obscene In The Real World. But Who The F*** Wanted To Live There?”
25. “The Only Thing Standing Between You And Your Goal Is The Bulls*** Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can’t Achieve It.”
26. “You Show Me A Pay Stub For $72,000, I Quit My Job Right Now And Work For You.”
27. “I’ve been a poor man, and I’ve been a rich man. And I choose rich every f****** time.”
28. “Act as if! Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you. Act as if you have unmatched experience and then people will follow your advice. And act as if you are already a tremendous success, and as sure as I stand here today – you will become successful.”
29. “Let Me Give You A Little Legal Advice: Shut The F*** Up!”
30. “Still, give them to me young, hungry, and stupid. And in no time, I will make them rich.”
“Hard work beats talent every time.” The film Wolf of Wall Street is full of dramatic and poignant dialogue. While some of these dialogues may sound inappropriate to some, others have admired the rawness and honesty of the lines. Some of the most famous dialogues of Wolf Of Wall Street are mentioned above. Tell us about your favorite dialogues in the comment section below.
Also Checkout: “Haseen Dillruba”: Ending Explained | Who Is The Killer?