Nicholas Sparks’ original narrative was inspired by his real-life sister Danielle, who was just stricken with cancer. The film follows the development of a romance between Landon Carter, a high school senior, and Jamie Sullivan, the daughter of a local Baptist pastor. We have compiled a list of the 20 best dialogues of A Walk To Remember below.
Despite the fact that they finally marry, Jamie’s illness progresses and she dies tragically soon after they marry. Adam Shankman directed the movie, and it was based on American author Nicholas Sparks‘s novel of the same name, which was released in 1999. Despite several key alterations between the novel and the film, the ‘A Walk To Remember’ book quotes used by the characters remained mostly unchanged in the film.
Take a look at our list of 20 best dialogues from A Walk To Remember:
- “There’s one thing I still haven’t told you: I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen.”
- “When I was seventeen, my life changed forever.”
- “I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn’t. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be.”
- “Do you ever wonder why things have to turn out the way they do?”
- Honey, if I kept you too close it’s because I wanted to keep you longer. You know, when I lost your mother, I was afraid that my heart would never open again. Jamie, I couldn’t look at you for days.”
- “In front of God and everyone else, I’d promised my love and devotion. In sickness and in health, and I’d never felt so good about anything. It was, I remember, the most wonderful moment of my life.”
- “In my mind, it was the first time that God had ever spoken directly to me, and I knew with certainty that I wasn’t going to disobey.”
- “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.”
- “Jamie helped everyone—she was one of those equal opportunity saints.”
- “Though I was probably the richest kid in school, I was by no means the most popular.”
- “Without suffering, there’d be no compassion.”
- “I began to pray for a miracle.”
- “My breathing suddenly went still. I looked at Jamie, then up to the ceiling and around the room, doing my best to keep my composure, then back to Jamie again. She smiled at me and I smiled at her and all I could do was wonder how I’d ever fallen in love with a girl like Jamie Sullivan.”
- I’m scared of not being with you.
- “‘I want to get married,” she said quietly. ‘And when I do, I want my father to walk me down the aisle and I want everyone I know to be there. I want the church bursting with people.’”
- Especially you! Y’know, I was getting along with everything fine. I accepted it, and then you happened! I do not need a reason to be angry with God.”
- “The next day I spent fourteen hours memorizing my lines, cursing my friends, and wondering how my life had spun so out of control.”
- “Life, I’ve learned, is never fair. If people teach anything in school, that should be it.”
- “It was, I remembered thinking, the most difficult walk anyone had to make.
- In fact, there are some things that they call miraculous. Einstein said the more he studied the universe, the more he believed in a higher power.”
If you’re a hopeless romantic, you’ll find plenty of romantic phrases here, as well as some lovely ‘A Walk To Remember’ dialogues. As some of the best dialogues from A Walk To Remember are mentioned above.
Also Checkout: 10 Romantic Movies With Tragic Endings
Also Checkout : Top 10 places to visit in Atlantic City
Leave a Reply