Apple has always focused on itself as a brand that genuinely cares for your security and privacy.
“What happens on your iPhone stays on your iPhone”
What Apple announced at WWDC2020 [Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2020] about iOS 14 update revealed that this operating system is the biggest update ever to the home screen pages of our iPhones.
The “Privacy and Security Centric” iOS14
iOS 14 is a security and privacy game Changer for all iPhone users, writes Kate, a cybersecurity journalist at The Forbes.
- The major highlight is the orange dot at the top right-hand side of your screen. This already happens on the MacBook and the update is quite welcome for the iPhones as well. It is nothing but an indicator light that tells you when an app is using your microphone and camera and it arrives as an orange or a green dot.
You can deny access to the microphone/camera from your settings to those who don’t need it to function. A big welcome update.
- iOS 14 takes security to the next level :
It proves bad for the advertisers. Before an advertiser could display personalized as to give it must ask for your permission to track your data. Apple will allow you to choose between “Allow tracking” or “Ask app not to track” options.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE iOS 14:
- Recording indicator: An indicator appears at the top of your screen whenever an app is using your microphone or camera. And in the Control Centre, you can see if an app has used them recently.
- Widgets on the home screen
- New App Library
- Compact calls, no more occupied screens while on a call
- Picture in picture
- Fresh maps section with cycle and electronic vehicles routes
- A more easy and compact interaction with Siri.
- App clicks: use a particular app without installing it completely.
“Apple’s iOS 14 could be a loss for the money app developers who rely on being able to track users, but the new security and privacy feature in the iOS 14 are going to be a win for the users who get more control over data and security, also a win for Apple who unlike its rival Google, doesn’t make money from advertising and owns an entire ecosystem of hardware software and services.” [writes Kate O’ Flaherty _ The Forbes]
The latest software update for iPhone users is out and is available for download.
Compatible devices :
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)